The best package tours Mekong River Cruise Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang Thailand to Laos
This trip Mekong River Cruise Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang, Thailand to Laos departure from Chiang Mai by car or minivan visit the white temple in Chiang Rai and overnight in Chiang Khong the second day takes the slow boat tour to Pakbeng overnight there one night and continue to Luang Prabang , this tour takes three days two nights.
This is the perfect way to travel to Luang Prabang while enjoying the beauty of the Mekong Cruise.
We will take care of all your worries and give you an unforgettable experience!
Day 1: Depart from Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai – Chiang Khong
To get to Luang Prabang from Chiang Mai it is possible to start the tour with Mekong Smile Cruise to get to Luang Prabang. A van will pick you up at 9 am from your hotel in Chiang Mai. On the way we stop to visit the hot spring, Wat Sang Kaew Photiyan,“Wat Rong Khun” or “White Temple”, see temporary art by Mr. Chalermchai Kositpipat in Chiang Rai and lunch over there. Then we travel to Chiang khong in the afternoon and check in at your hotel in Chiang Khong (not included in the price) for the breakfast you have to take away.
Day 02: Depart from Chiang Khong – Huay Xai – Pakbeng. ( L)
The next day in the morning we have a van to pick you up at 7:15 am from the hotel to take you to the Thai and Lao border No.4 and cross to Huay Xai Laos. Your guide will wait there, for you while you obtain you visa. You will then go by van to the pier and take the cruise to Luang Prabang.
The Mekong River cruise we offer you on the Mekong River is a comfortable boat to Luang Prabang with lots of leg room, open air, space to walk around, tables and clean toilets. We offer to you the best! Along the way we will show you the local villages (hill tribe). After that come back to the boat and have lunch on board and an afternoon of cruising while enjoying the view of the Mekong River and landscape. We will stop in Pakbeng for an overnight stay at the hotel not included in the price, for the breakfast you have to take away
Day 3: Depart from Pakbeng to Luang Prabang. (B, L)
Early in the morning you can visit the Pakbeng Market. After that return to the hotel for breakfast. The cruise departure time for the third day is 8 am. On the way to Luang Prabang and we will stop in Hmong village, we will show you the local handicrafts including local weaving. The boat stops again opposite the Nam Ou River to visit Pak Ou caves. There are two caves ‘Tham Ting’ and ‘Tham Phoum,’ containing thousands of Buddha images. The cruises arrive at Luang Prabang a UNESCO world heritage city before sunset and we have the van pick you up at the main pier to Luang Prabang.
One night’s accommodation in Chiang Khong and Pakbeng are not included in the price.
This is not a private boat, join a group and you will travel with other passengers.
Please reconfirm your trips a day before
And let me know your room number as well
The cruise is fully operation all every day in high season (November through February)
I also confirm that the cruise is running on the date you specified.
You need to make reservations in advance
In low season not confirm the daily (March through October)
you must e mail in advance to check with us.
Room description and price:
1. The cost without hotel US$240 each
2. Single charge US$ 300 each
3. Two day boat to Pakbeng cost without accommodation US$200 each.
4. Child age 2-12 years old discount $120 per person.
5. (Less than 2 years old) are free of charge.
1. Slow boat Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang (3 days).
2. English speaking on the boat.
3. Entrance fees Pak Ou caves.
4. Pick up from your hotel in Chiang Mai and Chiang Khong by van or private car.
5. 2 Lunches on the boat.
6. Transfer to the slow boat pier to Luang Prabang.
7. Coffee, tea and fruits on the board.
8. Lunch from Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong
9. All service charge and government taxes
1. Visas and visa fees.
2. Accommodation in Pakbeng and Chiang Khong
3. Personal expenses such as bar, telephone and laundry bills incurred during the cruise of this trip.
4. Incurred – during the course of this trip
5. Foods and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
6. No dinner in Pakbeng and Chiang Khong
7. Travel insurance
8. Tips and gratuities
9. Not include pick up and transfer in Pakbeng
Tel: +85630 5385170
Mobile: +85620 56649094
Mobile: +66 800323371
Mekong Smile Cruise office it’s next to How Pho guesthouse.
We accept credit cards and PayPal: email@example.com