We are a professional Lao Mekong Cruise in (Southeast Asia)
We run cruises on the Mekong River downstream and upstream: from Huay Xai – Pakbeng to Luang Prabang and back. Our cruise is more comfortable than the public slow boat. The Mekong Cruise takes two days to cruise from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang. The Mekong Smile Cruise is located in the town of Huay Xai, Bokeo Province, Laos. It’s close to the border of Thailand across the river from the Thai city of Chiang Khong in the region of the golden triangle. Chiang Khong in Thailand is just opposite Huay Xai.
Enjoy your vacation in Laos on the Mekong River. You can get a great view on the Mekong Cruise with us.
Cruise downstream from Huay Xai – Pakbeng – Luang Prabang
Departure time: 9 am
Day 01: Huay Xai – Pakbeng:
We will pick you up by minivan at Thai – Lao border No. 4. The Mekong Smile Cruise boat leaves at the slow boat pier for a cruise down the Mekong River. The first stop is Paktha this is (check point). At the second stop we will visit the hill tribal villages to learn their culture and relax, then come back to the cruise a buffet lunch will be served on board. After lunch is your free time to relax and enjoy the Mekong River. The cruise arrives at Pakbeng before sunset for an overnight stay at Pakbeng.
Day 02: Cruise downstream from Pakbeng – Luang Prabang
Departure time: 8 am.
Early in the morning you can visit the Pakbeng market (optional). After breakfast we depart at 8 am to journey down the Mekong River. The first stop is at Ban Baw where you will observe the traditional whisky village, weaving village, handicrafts and textiles. A buffet lunch is served on board.
The boat stops again to visit Pak Ou caves. There are two caves, ‘Tham Ting’ and ‘Tham Phoum.’ The caves contain thousands of Buddha images. The Mekong cruise arrives at Luang Prabang, a UNESCO world heritage city, before sunset and we have the van to pick you up at the main pier to Luang Prabang.
We will arrive about 4 – 4:30 pm at the new pier.
This is not a private boat, you will travel with other passengers.
Please reconfirm your trips a day before
And let me know your room number as well
The cruise is fully operation every day in high season (November through February)
I also confirm that the cruise is running on the date you specified.
You need to make reservations in advance
In low season not confirm cruise daily (March through October)
you must e mail in advance to check with us.
# Two day boat trip in November 2019 the rate included Pakbeng Riverside hotel
1. Superior room $185 US each.
2. Deluxe room $225 US each.
3. Suite room $300 US each.
(Single charge extra $10 USD)
# One day boat trip to Pakbeng the rate with accommodation
1. Superior room $ 160 US each.
2. Deluxe room $200 US each.
3. Suite room $250 US each.
All the room included breakfast
Someday we will offer the traditional Lao dancer- show at the restaurant
1. Boat cruise to Luang Prabang (2 days)
2. (English – speaking)
3. Entrance fees for Pak Ou caves.
4. Pick up from your hotel.
5. Two Lunches on board.
6. Transfer to the boat and to Luang Prabang city.
7. Coffee, tea and fruits on board.
8. Accommodation and breakfast in Pakbeng.
1. Personal expenses such as bar, telephone and laundry bills.
2. Foods and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary.
3. Tips and gratuities.
4. Overtime fees.
5. Dinner in Pakbeng
6. Lao visas and visa fees
- We can pick you up 7:30 am at your hotel in Chiang Khong hotel to take you to Thai border then you have to cross to Lao our tour guide will wait you there and help you for made Lao visa.
We have minivan to take you to the boat pier.
- Yes we need you passport this is for the police will check your passport detail and government tax
- You can cross by yourself to Huay Xai, we can pick you up at your hotel at 9:15 am
- For overnight accommodation in Pakbeng you have to book your own hotel in there
- it is cold in the morning , you should bring a jacket, fresh air, no mosquitoes on board.
- Border crossing the new border Thai – Lao Friendship Bridge 4 from Chiang Khong to Huay Xai.
We accept credit cards and PayPal: email@example.com